A wonderful opportunity for residential property owners to become a part of Tourism and Hospitality Business
Madhya Pradesh Tourism’s Home Stay Scheme is a golden opportunity for all those Apartment/Bungalow/Cottage owners who can provide accommodation and food facility to domestic and international tourists. This scheme is based on India’s core philosophy and tradition, VasudhaivaKutumbkam. This unique and profitable scheme will enable property owners to introduce tourists to the culture, cuisine, customs and lifestyle of Madhya Pradesh. At the same time, the scheme will also ensure a recurring source of income for property owners. It’s time to welcome guests from the world to the heart of India, and your home!
To supplement the available tourist accommodation in cities and at places of tourist interest in Madhya Pradesh, MP Tourism has launched Home Stay under Bed & Breakfast (B&B) Scheme, effective from 1st April 2010. The scheme has been introduced in line with the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, for providing comfortable Home Stay facilities to the tourists, and giving an opportunity to foreign tourists to experience the famed Indian hospitality, cuisine, customs and traditions by staying with Indian families. The Government of Madhya Pradesh has authorized MP State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. to implement the scheme in earnest. In turn, MPSTDC has already issued a booklet containing all the guidelines for Home Stay owners to get their establishments registered and become operational. The salient highlights of the scheme are as follows:-
- Any homeowner may offer a minimum of two and a maximum of ﬁve rooms in his/her property excepting the rooms required for his/her personal use.
- The offered accommodation must have all have adequate facilities for a comfortable home stay, and must be well-maintained and secure.
- The property will be registered only after it has been inspected by a committee which would have gone into all aspects of its being a comfortable and safe home stay under the published guidelines.
- Scrutiny of all applications received under the scheme will be carried out by a committee comprising a representative of the District Collector, the Regional Manager and the Executive Engineer of MPSTDC.
- A Directory of all registered properties will be published by MPSTDC. Any property owner who violates any terms of the scheme will be derecognized, and his/her name deleted from the Directory.
- Full details of the visitors and their arrival departure will be recorded in a register which will be made available for inspection at any time. The area police will be kept informed about all visitors on a monthly basis.
- MPSTDC will publicize all registered properties through its website and other mediums.
- The owner will pay water tax, property tax and energy charges at domestic rates
- If the turnover of food and beverage items is within Rs.5 lacs in a financial year, the owner shall be exempted from paying VAT
- No luxury tax applicable for tariff below Rs.3000/- per day
- No need for the owner to have food and restaurant license
- Become a hospitality partner with this profitable scheme
- Recurring source of income in collaboration with MPT
- Become an integral part of MPT’s hospitality culture
- A unique amalgamation of two different cultures
HOME STAY SCHEME REGISTRATIONREGISTRATION
TERMS & CONDITIONSClick Here To Download
FAQs about The Home Stay Scheme
- What is home stay scheme ?
Under this scheme house owners can register their property with MP State Tourism Development Corporation to provide accommodation to foreign and domestic tourists/other guests in their house on rent.
- I have a house in Bhopal given on rent, but I presently live in Pune. Can
I apply for this scheme?
No, as per the scheme the house owner must stay in that house with family.
- What is the criteria for registration of my property ?
In your house, apart from your living area you should have minimum 2 and maximum 5 additional rooms to let out, and all the rooms should be well furnished with clean attached washroom. You should be able to provide breakfast to the guests. A detailed checklist is available on the website.
- What if the guest asks for lunch/dinner?
If you are able to provide, you can charge separately for meals according to your menu rate.
- Who will fix the tariff for the rooms ?
House owner will decide the tariff of the rooms.
- Under this scheme what benefits will be provided by the government ?
You will get luxury tax exemption upto rupees 3000/- per day room tariff, no VAT Tax registration upto rupees 5 lakh catering sale in a financial year.Separate food licence is not required to operate under this scheme.
- Under this scheme what benefits will be provided by MP Tourism?
After registration of your property MPTourism will upload your property details with photographs on its website. MPTourism will also dothe publicity for registered properties.
- What is the procedure for registration ?
Please visit our website www.mpstdc.com/homestay and fill up online ‘Request for Registration’ form, then our team from MP Tourism will contact you for further process.
- What is the cost of registration fee, mode of payment and when should I
Payment of Rupees 1000/- in the form of cheque or draft can be madeduring the inspection of MP Tourism team.
- What is the validity period of registration and what is the renewal process?
Registration will be valid for three years from the date of registration and for renewal you can apply again with rupees 1000/- registration fee three months prior to the expiry date.
- Is this scheme applicable only in ‘cities’ ?
No, this scheme is applicable to cities, tourist destinations and all other villages where guests/ tourists may want to visit.
- Is it compulsory to provide both veg and non-veg dishes to the guests ?
No, menu will be decided by the house owner. If you are pure vegetarian you can offer only veg meals. This information can be shared with the guest prior to check-in/booking.